Redirect 2% of your income tax to EcoVisio
If you are an income tax-payer in Moldova, you might be interested in the 2% Law
This law enables you to annually redirect 2% of your income tax to support any non-governmental / religious entity in Moldova registered for this procedure (full list here). It is a citizen’s simplest way to support a cause they care about.
Currently in Moldova, this mechanism is only available for individuals, not companies.
EcoVisio has been enrolled in the 2% donation mechanism since 2017, the first year it was implemented in Moldova. Over the past three years, we have used this valuable contribution to take our work one step closer to a sustainable Moldova:
- 2017: raised 1248,73 MDL, saved it for next year’s activities
- 2018: raised 6903 MDL and added it to the previous 1248,73 MDL to purchase and plant 120 tree seedlings
- 2019: raised 11.700 MDL, currently brainstorming ideas for their investment
The money that has come to EcoVisio in 2019 from those who directed us 2% of the income tax will be invested in seedlings, and they will be donated to the people who want to plant in their localities.
How it works
In 2019, the period allocated for the 2% mechanism was January 1st - May 2nd. Next round will be announced in 2020.
It’s important to note that this 2% ‘donation’ applies to tax from the previous year’s income. So if you will do this procedure in 2020, you will be directing 2% of the tax for what you earned in 2019.
It takes two very simple steps to complete this procedure, during its designated period:
1. Go to any office of the State Tax Inspectorate (FISC) with your ID card. Ask to submit Declarația persoanei fizice cu privire la impozitul pe venit ('Personal statement regarding the income tax') or simply ask for Form CET18*.
If you have an electronic signature, you can submit this form online 24/7 via www.servicii.fisc.md.
2. Mention that you want to redirect 2% to a public association, presenting the fiscal code (IDNO) of EcoVisio: 1013620004362
* In 2019, due to a fiscal reform in the autumn of 2018, the 2% mechanism required tax-payers to submit two forms regarding their income tax:
- The CET15 Form - for incomes obtained between January 1st - September 30th, 2018
- The CET18 Form - for incomes obtained between October 1st - December 31st, 2018
Starting 2020, the 2% procedure will only require the CET18 Form.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about the 2% procedure
- Will this 2% be deducted from my income?
No, this amount is not a sponsorship or a donation in the traditional sense. Basically, it is a small part of the income tax you have already paid to the state, over which you have decision-power.
In case you do not file your income tax statement or do not indicate the tax code of an organization, these 2% will simply remain in the state’s budget.
- How time-consuming is this procedure?
Contrary to expectations, submitting the income tax form is a quick and easy operation, as you can see from our short video.
You simply need to present your ID card and the fiscal number of your chosen organization. The FISC employee will then give you the pre-filled CET18 form with all your information, which you just need to verify and sign.
In case you have an electronic signature, this procedure can be done even more comfortably online using FISC’s website.
- How much is 2% of my income tax?
Since October 1st 2018, all individuals in Moldova pay a unique tax of 12% applied to their brutto income. If you are an employee, your brutto income is the salary stipulated in your work contract, before any taxes or social contributions are deducted.
If we were to consider a salary of 7300 MDL*, we would end up with the following numbers:
12% x 7302,6 MDL = 876.3 MDL
2% x 876.3 MDL = 17.5 MDL
* According to the National Bureau of Statistics, this was the average monthly salary in Moldova for the second trimester of 2019 (most recent data available). Source: http://bit.ly/2Omxr0u
- What difference can such a small contribution make to EcoVisio?
Huge. We’re strong believers in gifts that keep on giving, and that most great things are achieved little by little. Aside from the financial aspect, these contributions are a precious indicator that people believe in our work and support our mission, which is what keeps us going forward.
- Can you confirm that you have received my 2%?
Unfortunately not. The law states that beneficiaries of the 2% contribution (in this case, EcoVisio) cannot obtain information regarding the identity of the contributors.
However, you can let us know through our communication channels if you have directed your 2% to EcoVisio. We would love to be able to thank you personally!